Today is a very exciting day for us. We’re introducing Idea Flight, a new iPad App now available in the Apple App Store. Go check it out!
Idea Flight is a new tool to share ideas, presentations, documents, designs, and whatever else you can think of easily from one iPad to many. It enables one person, whom we call the Pilot, to control the screens of multiple iPads, whom we call the Passengers. It’s a great way to direct the experience of your audience in a whole new way. All you need is the app and a wireless connection to command the iPads and attention of your audience. Check out this video to see how it works:
Idea Flight was developed by a small team of new media professionals within Conde Nast who were facing a need that they saw becoming more common. iPads are amazing for presenting material – designs look gorgeous and you can see every detail of charts and graphs. Plus there’s no need to fiddle with cables/connections or waste reams of paper. The missing pieces though were the ability to control the experience, ways to network as well as a central place to easily save or grab files from anywhere. Ascribing to the old adage, “find a need, fill a need,” Idea Flight was born. Idea Flight really is about changing the dynamics of everyday meetings. Read on to see how…
How it works:
- Idea Flight enables one person (the Pilot) to control up to 15 users’ (the Passengers) iPad screens wirelessly during a presentation, requiring only a Wi-Fi connection or Bluetooth and a PDF of the content.
- Through Linkedin, Idea Flight enables Pilots and Passengers to see the names, photos, and titles of attendees who are signed in using an easy to access Passenger List.
- Pilots and Passengers can also send invitations to each other to “connect” on LinkedIn for follow-up networking.
- Pilots can access files using Dropox, iTunes File Sharing, or email.
- Pilots can choose leave a virtual leave-behind by emailing Passengers the presentation or allowing them to download it to their iPads.
- Idea Flight is a free app to download. Anyone with access to an iPad and a wireless connection can be a Passenger by simply installing the app from the Apple App Store.
- The free app contains a sample presentation that is a “how-to” serving as a guide to the app. It also gives anyone the ability to try out being a Pilot before choosing to upgrade.
- To host a presentation, Pilots need only make a one-time $7.99 in-app purchase using their iTunes account.
- Idea flight is available in nine languages at launch: Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Though perfect for business and design professionals, Idea Flight can also be used in other ways, from sharing family vacation photos, to augmenting school lessons and story time, or as an enhancement to a museum tour. We’d love to hear how YOU are using Idea Flight. Tell us here or on our Facebook page.
Additionally, IdeaFlight.com is the place where users can sign up for email alerts, access customer service, ask questions, troubleshoot and give us feedback. If you’d like to download Idea Flight assets, go to our Press Kit. For media inquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org.