A glamping business is a business that provides facilities for campers who need glamorous accommodations. Glamping offers accommodation and facilities that are more luxurious compared to ‘bare-bones’ camping, to give travelers the best of both worlds.
Glamping is outdoor camping with amenities and comforts (such as beds, electricity, and access to indoor plumbing. Statistics have it that the Global Glamping Market was valued at USD 2.77 billion in 2023 and is expected to reach USD 8.041 billion by 2029, registering a CAGR of 12.80% during the forecast period of 2022-2029.
Steps on How to Write a Glamping Business Plan
Table of Content
Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. is a standard glamping park facility that will be located in Fenwick Island, Delaware; in a recreational-loving city. Our glamping facility is located on 196 acres bordering a national park and seamlessly blends into its dramatic surroundings.
Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. will ensure that all our amenities and facilities meet international standards. We have CRM software that will enable us to manage a one-on-one relationship with our customers no matter how large they may grow. Zach Baseman is the founder and CEO of Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc.
a. Our Products and Services
Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. will establish an ideal glamping facility that will allow you to enjoy the closeness to nature that camping affords, without the uncomfortable aspects.
b. Nature of the Business
Our glamping park facility will operate as a club where patrons can pick up a membership and pay their subscription monthly, quarterly, or annually. We will also open our business to one-off customers, especially tourists and visitors.
c. The Industry
Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. will operate in the campground industry.
d. Mission Statement
Our mission is to establish a world-class glamping park whose facility will not only attract individual campers but also attract world-class campers and organizations to host their events in our facility.
e. Vision Statement
Our vision is to become the ‘go to’ glamping facility in Fenwick Island, Delaware, and its environs when it comes to world-class glamping.
f. Our Tagline (Slogan)
Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. – Luxury, Safety, and Camping!
g. Legal Structure of the Business (LLC, C Corp, S Corp, LLP)
Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. will be formed as a Limited Liability Company (LLC). The reason why we are forming an LLC is to protect our assets by limiting the liability to the resources of the business itself. The LLC will protect our CEOs’ personal assets from claims against the business, including lawsuits.
h. Our Organizational Structure
- Chief Executive Officer (Owner)
- Glamping Park facility Manager
- Marketing and Sales Officer
- Attendants (5)
- Customer Care Executive/Front Desk Officer
- Security Officers
i. Ownership/Shareholder Structure and Board Members
- Zach Baseman (Owner and Chairman/Chief Executive Officer) 56 Percent Shares
- Henry Johnson (Board Member) 14 Percent Shares
- Akin Williams (Board Member) 10 Percent Shares
- Felix Biden (Board Member) 10 Percent Shares
- Vera Augustus (Board Member and Sectary) 10 Percent Shares.
- Ideal Location for glamping park facility
- Highly Experienced and Qualified Employees and Management
- Well-equipped and luxurious glamping facility
- Highly Secured and Clean Facility
- Budget limitations
- Inability to properly manage off-peak seasons such as bad winter
- A new business that will be competing with well-established glamping facilities and government-owned camping facilities
- Inability to retain our highly experienced and qualified employees longer than we want
- Fenwick Island, Delaware is a thriving market for glamping park facilities.
- Good support structure for glamping facilities from the government and nonprofit organizations.
i. How Big is the Industry?
The campground industry that glamping park facility is a part of is pretty big. It is worth well over $2.77 billion in the United States.
ii. Is the Industry Growing or Declining?
The campground industry is growing and as a matter of fact, the global glamping market size is anticipated to reach USD 5.94 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 10.9 percent over the forecast period.
iii. What are the Future Trends in the Industry
The campground industry is changing, and players in the industry are improvising. No doubt, technology, climate change, and social media will change the landscape of the industry going forward. With revenue heavily linked to the millennial generation, and of course, the inclusion of additional amenities such as electric vehicle charging ports, hot tubs, saunas, power showers, massage parlors, activities, and more, things are really looking up.
iv. Are There Existing Niches in the Industry?
No, there are niche ideas when it comes to the glamping park facility business; it is a niche idea in the campground industry.
v. Can You Sell a Franchise of your Business in the Future?
Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. has plans to sell franchises in the nearest future and we will target the United Kingdom, Canada, South Africa, and Australia.
- Competition from other camping facilities.
- Community resistance
- Government regulations
- Liability problems
- Unfriendly weather (bad winter)
- Continuously changing consumer demands
i. Who are the Major Competitors?
- The Resort at Paws Up (Greenough, Montana)
- Safari West (Santa Rosa, California)
- Ventana Big Sur (Big Sur, California)
- Sinya at Lone Man Creek (Wimberley, Texas)
- Under Canvas Tucson at Tanque Verde Ranch (Tucson, Arizona)
- Lucky Arrow Retreat (Dripping Springs, Texas)
- Under Canvas Grand Canyon (Arizona)
- Little Raccoon Key (Georgia)
- Beverly Wilshire (Beverly Hills, California)
- Under Canvas Zion (Utah)
- Camp Comfort
- Moose Meadow Lodge
- Fireside Resort
- Conestoga Ranch (Garden City, Utah)
- Cody Wyoming Trout Ranch
- Mendocino Grove
- Westgate River Ranch
- Terra Glamping
- Firelight Camps
- Asheville Glamping.
ii. Is There a Franchise for Glamping Park Facility Business?
- OneGlamping: From $125,500
- Timberline Glamping: $67,000
- The Wigwam Holidays: £7500 – £67,000.
iii. Are There Policies, Regulations, or Zoning Laws Affecting Glamping Park Facility Business?
Yes, and as a matter of fact, every location is different and that entails that the permissions required will also vary. This may include health and safety regulations and potential concerns about the environment. Each state or county may review the site using a different set of criteria.
These may include the type of accommodation, your location, road accessibility, traffic flow, topography, the economy size of the site, impact on infrastructure, etc. Many zoning regulations could stop you from building your glamping business on some plots of land.
If you’re leveraging the expertise of a realtor or real estate site, ensure you’re filtering out zoning options that wouldn’t let a glamping site be built. Approach your local authority or council to find out the things to do. Also, contact your local authority and apply for the planning permissions you need to start.
a. Who Is Your Target Audience?
i. Age Range
Our target market age range covers people that are 18 years and above.
ii. Level of Educational
We don’t have basic educational qualifications for those we are targeting; everyone is welcome to use our glamping facility.
iii. Income Level
Anyone who can afford our membership fee or service charge can make use of our glamping facility.
There is no restriction when it comes to the ethnicity of the people we will receive in our glamping facility.
There is no restriction when it comes to the language spoken by the people we are looking forward to welcoming to our glamping park facility.
vi. Geographical Location
Anybody from any geographical location will be welcomed in our glamping facility.
Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. will not restrict any patron of our glamping facility based on their lifestyle, culture, or race.
b. Advertising and Promotion Strategies
- Host Themed Events That Catch Attention.
- Tap Into Text Marketing.
- Use FOMO to Run Photo Promotions.
- Share Your Events in Local Groups and Pages.
- Turn Your Social Media Channels into a Resource
- Develop Your Business Directory Profiles
- Build Relationships with Other Businesses in Your Area
i. Traditional Marketing Strategies
- Marketing through Direct Mail.
- Print Media Marketing – Newspapers & Magazines.
- Broadcast Marketing -Television & Radio Channels.
- OOH, Marketing – Public Transits like Buses and Trains, Billboards, Street Furniture, and Cabs.
- Including direct sales, direct mail (postcards, brochures, letters, fliers), print advertising (magazines, newspapers, coupon books, billboards), referral (also known as word-of-mouth marketing), radio, and television.
ii. Digital Marketing Strategies
- Social Media Marketing Platforms.
- Influencer Marketing.
- Email Marketing.
- Content Marketing.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Marketing.
- Pay-per-click (PPC).
- Affiliate Marketing
- Mobile Marketing.
iii. Social Media Marketing Plan
- Start using chatbots.
- Create a personalized experience for our customers.
- Create an efficient content marketing strategy.
- Create a community for our audience.
- Gear up our profiles with a diverse content strategy.
- Use brand advocates.
- Create profiles on the relevant social media channels.
- Run cross-channel campaigns.
c. Pricing Strategy
When working out our pricing strategy, Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. will make sure it covers premium, skimming, economy or value and penetration, All our pricing strategies will reflect;
- Cost-Based Pricing
- Value-Based Pricing
- Competition-Based Pricing.
Sales and Distribution Plan
a. Sales Channels
Our channel sales strategy will involve using partners and third parties—such as referral partners, affiliate partners, managed service providers, marketplaces, or value-added resellers—to market our glamping facility.
Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. will also leverage the 4 Ps of marketing which are place, price, product, and promotion. By carefully integrating all these marketing strategies into a marketing mix, so we can have a visible, in-demand service that is competitively priced and promoted to our customers.
b. Inventory Strategy
Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. will operate an inventory strategy that is based on a day-to-day methodology for ordering, maintaining, and processing items in our warehouse. We will develop our strategy with the same thoroughness and attention to detail as we would if we were creating an overall strategy for the business.
c. Payment Options for Customers
Here are the payment options that Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. will make available to its clients;
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment with cash
- Payment via credit cards
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via mobile money transfer
d. Return Policy, Incentives, and Guarantees
Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. will operate a no refund policy hence we will not provide compensation for purchased products or services (membership fees inclusive) that customers paid for in our glamping facility.
e. Customer Support Strategy
Our customer support strategy will involve seeking customer feedback. This will help us to continue to improve our facility and also provide excellent customer service to all our patrons. Regularly, we will work towards strengthening our Customer Service Team and also Leverage Multi-Channel Servicing as part of our customer support strategy.
We plan to expand our revenue by 50 percent in the second year and the plan will include a marketing, sales, and operations component.
The operations component of the plan would include organizing regular campers’ competitions at the local and state levels, providing lodging and electric vehicle charging amenities, and attracting recreational vehicle owners and campers. These strategies will enable the firm to boost our service offerings and support revenue growth.
a. What Happens During a Typical Day at a Glamping Park Facility Business?
- The facility is open for the day
- Administrative work is done concurrently
- The facility is cleaned and gotten ready to welcome patrons
- Campers come in and accommodation is allotted to them based on the amount paid
- Campers are provided with the amenities and things they need to make their camping experience comfortable
- Maintenance of the facility is carried out
- The facility is administratively closed for the day.
b. Production Process
There is no production process when it comes to the glamping park business.
c. Service Procedure
When a glamping facility is opened and everything is in place, they will either choose to welcome patrons based on membership or open their doors to people in the city where the glamping park facility is domiciled.
d. The Supply Chain
Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. will rely on trusted agents to supply some of the foodstuff, toiletries, and related supplies they need and we have been able to establish business relationships with wholesale supplies of all these merchandises.
e. Sources of Income
- Sale of food and drinks
- Offering special services like hot tubs, saunas, power showers, massage parlors, and more
- Membership fee.
a. Amount Needed to Start your Glamping Park Facility Business?
Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. would need an estimate of $250,000 to successfully set up our glamping park facility in the United States of America. Please note that this amount includes the salaries of all the staff for the first month of operation.
b. What are the Costs Involved?
- Business Registration Fees – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits – $7,300.
- Marketing, Branding and Promotions – $5,000.
- Business Consultant Fee – $2,500.
- Insurance – $5,400.
- Rent/Lease – $150,000.
- Other start-up expenses like commercial satellite TV subscriptions, stationery ($500), and phone and utility deposits ($2,800).
- Operational Cost (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $45,000
- Start-up inventory – $25,000
- Counter area equipment (countertop, sink, ice machine, etc.) – $9,500
- Store Equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $4,750
- Furnishing and Equipping (Glamping tents) – $50,000
- Website: $800
- Opening party: $3,000
- Miscellaneous: $2,000
c. Do You Need to Build a Facility? If YES, How Much Will it Cost?
Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. will build a new facility for our glamping park and it will cost us $200,000 (acquiring land, purchasing and installing tents, furnishing, and equipping the glamping park facility inclusive).
d. What are the Ongoing Expenses for Running a Glamping Park Business?
- Cost of stocking up supplies such as toiletries, food ingredients, drinks, and water
- Cost of regular surveillance
- Utility bills (gas, internet, phone bills, signage and sewage et al)
- Maintenance of facility
- Salaries of employees
e. What is the Average Salary of your Staff?
- Chief Executive Officer (Owner) – $55,000 per year
- Glamping Park Facility Manager – $38,000 per year
- Accountant/Cashier – $34,0000
- Marketing and Sales Officer – $32,000 per year
- Attendants (5) – $30,000 per year
- Customer Care Executive/Front Desk Officer – $23,396 per year
- Cleaners – $22,000 per year
- Security Officers – $21,150 per year.
f. How Do You Get Funding to Start a Glamping Park Facility?
- Raising money from personal savings and sale of personal stocks and properties
- Raising money from investors and business partners
- Sell shares to interested investors
- Applying for a loan from your bank/banks
- Source for soft loans from your family members and friends.
a. How Much Should You Charge for your product/Service?
Aside from our membership fee, Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. will charge patrons based on the industry standards in the United States, and they are expected to pay between $400 to $1,000 for a cabin tent. Depending on what they are looking for in terms of amenities, this price range is very reasonable when compared to other options.
b. Sales Forecast?
- First Fiscal Year (FY1): $550,000
- Second Fiscal Year (FY2): $750,000
- Third Fiscal Year (FY3): $1.2 million
c. Estimated Profit You Will Make a Year?
Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. is projecting to make;
- First Fiscal Year (FY1): (50% of revenue generated)
- Second Fiscal Year (FY2): (55% of revenue generated)
- Third Fiscal Year (FY3): (65% of revenue generated)
d. Profit Margin of a Glamping Park Facility Business Product/Service
The profit margin of a glamping facility is not fixed. It could range from 25 percent to 35 percent depending on some unique factors.
a. How We Intend to grow and expand? By opening more retail outlets/offices or selling a franchise?
Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. will grow our glamping facility by first opening other outlets in key cities in the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Canada, South Africa, and Australia within the first five years of establishing the business and then will start selling franchise from the sixth year.
b. Where We Intend to Expand to and Why?
Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. plans to expand to:
- Santa Rosa, California
- Mountain Home, Idaho
- Custer, South Dakota
- Paso Robles, California
- Grand Island, New York
- Canyonville, Oregon
- Cedar City, Utah
- Long Beach, Washington
- Dandridge, Tennessee
- Theodore, Alabama
- Roswell, New Mexico
Internationally, we plan to expand to South Africa, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Australia.
Green Heaven® Glamping Park Company, Inc. plans to exit the business via family succession. We have placed structures and processes in place that will help us achieve our plan of successfully transferring the business from one family member to another and from one generation to another without hitches.